Manage who can participate on your thread.
Manage the access to your thread
When you post a thread in a channel, anyone who has access to that channel will also be able to view your thread. However, you can control the level of access they have to participate on the thread.
The author of the thread can manage access for everyone who has access to the thread.
To adjust the permissions for the thread:
- 1.Go to the thread
- 2.Go to the top of the thread and click ...
- 3.Select Share thread
- 4.Set individual's access my clicking Full access next to the person's name and changing the setting or set the access as you invite people to the thread
You can create a Share Link for your thread, so that anyone who has access to the Share Link can view your thread. There are two types of Share Links:
- Org Share Link - only members of your organization with the link can view the thread
- Public Share Link - anyone with access to the link can view the thread
To create a share link adjust the permissions for the thread:
- Go to the thread
- Go to the top of the thread and click ...
- Select Share thread
- In the "Share Link" section, toggle the share link on or off. Optionally, toggle the type of share link to either Org Share Link or Public Share Link.
You can disable all Organization Share Links for your organization too. Visit Org Settings -> Thread share link settings to update your organization-wide settings.