Collaborate with people outside of your organization on Threads.
View the guests in your organization
If you need to collaborate or share something with someone outside of your organization, you can add them as a guest to a particular thread or channel.
Add clients and people you're working with to channels to collaborate with them on projects, or add them to a specific thread to keep them updated on your progress and get their feedback.
Admins of an organization set the permissions around whether members of the organization are allowed to add guests to the organization.
When a guest is added to an organization, they're added to a specific thread or channel within the organization.
Channel access When you add a guest to a channel, they'll have access to all the threads in that channel and be able to start threads in the channel as well.
Thread access When you add a guest to a thread, they will only have access to that thread and will not have visibility into what channel the thread may be in. You can control the level of access they have to the thread (view only, react, full access).
Please note that you currently cannot chat with a guest.
Admins control whether members of an organization are allowed to add guests to channels and threads in the organization.
To add a guest to a thread or channel:
- 1.Go the the thread or channel
- 2.In a channel, click the Add channel member button and add the person's email address. On a thread, click the Share button and add the person's email address.
- 3.The person will appear as a guest with a yellow dot next to their profile photo
All members can view the guests in an organization.
To view the guests in an organization:
- 1.Go to the top left corner and click on the organization icon
- 2.Go to View members
- 3.Make sure Show guests is selected. All guests will have a yellow Guest tag next to their name.
If you've been added as a guest to a thread or channel, you can access that thread or channel from your personal workspace.
To access channels or threads you've been added to as a guest:
- 1.Go to the top left corner of Threads
- 2.Select Personal workspace from the drop-down
- 3.The threads you've been added to will appear in your Private threads and any channels will appear on the left side of Threads